What is Leadership Albuquerque?
Leadership Albuquerque is an intensive educational symposium for emerging community leaders. The program seeks to give in-depth perspectives and applicable knowledge on current hot-button issues. Leadership Albuquerque is designed for individuals who are committed to personal and professional growth, leadership, and challenging work. The Chamber has had more than 1,000 business executives complete this prestigious program over the past 30 years.
Who's Involved in the Program?
Each Leadership Albuquerque class is made up of 40 mid- to senior-level executives from the private, public, and voluntary sectors of our community. These executives are selected from a competitive pool of applicants. The program connects these emerging leaders with current and established leaders in our community. Past guests/speakers have included Governor Susanna Martinez, Presbyterian President/CEO Jim Hinton, Cabinet Secretaries, State Senators and Representatives, and many other highly esteemed leaders from Albuquerque and New Mexico.
When and Where Does the Program Take Place?
Following a two-day retreat in September, participants will attend program days approximately once per month, October through May. Program days are held at a wide variety of unique and beautiful venues around the city, where the class will often have the opportunity to take a guided tour or participate in similar interactive activities on the premises. Past venue examples include the Albuquerque Journal, Presbyterian Rust Medical Center, the Albuquerque Police Department Training Center, Albuquerque Public Schools, and the Epicenter.
Goals of Leadership Albuquerque
• To identify leaders in business, government and the community and assist them in expanding their leadership skills to further their professional and personal development.
• To provide these men and women with a practical, in-depth understanding of major community issues facing the four-county greater Albuquerque area.
• To inspire a new or renewed passion for an area in which class members can contribute their time and talents to better Albuquerque and New Mexico.
• To facilitate access between the Leadership Albuquerque class members and established leaders in the community.
• To enhance the network among leaders from diverse backgrounds and interests.
How Much Does the Program Cost?
Tuition is $2,750 per participant. As this program benefits the employer, many employers are willing to absorb this cost for interested employees. A limited number of scholarships are available on an as-needed basis.
How Can I Apply for the Program?
Applications for the Class of 2017 are open! Please apply here. If you have any questions, please contact Marianne Billy at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 505-764-3728.